Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want to say the newly tooled fenders I got from Goodmark for the 67 look great and are very solid. Honestly they feel heavier and more rigid than factory originals.

The right (passenger) fitment was good:)
The left (driver) has fitment issues at the cowl. :(

My body guy has tweaked and massaged but the gap is still to big in this area. If we move it in where it should be in regard to the cowl the door gap increase to far obviously. He is continuing to work on it. Has considered adding metal to fender at the cowl area to make fit correctly.
Correcting this is all that is left of finishing body and paint.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Have you talked to Goodmark? Even with tooling how do you know you did not get an out of spec fender?

The supplier needs to hear the feedback or the quality will not improve. If the next one (or two) exhibit the same problems it could be the car and adding metal is the right fix.

This is not to say the tooling on all of them isn't off.

Greg

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
On older rebopped fenders, the headlight bezels did not fit properly ! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Additional Note on Fitment

Just wanted to make a note:

I have a TCI Mustang II front clip with 2" drops, Dynacorn core support, Goodmark fenders and a USBODY 4" Cowl fiber hood.

Also the car had been hit on the driver side many many moons ago so this may be a contributing factor with the less than perferct fit near the cowl on the drivers side.

The whole front of the car is aftermarket. :)

Should be plumbing and wiring soon! Have the Painless 50003 kit and a few MSD toys.
Have a site for my car here if interested.:D
http://www.xcomfactor.com

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The new tooling 67 fenders do fit very nice. No comparison to the old fenders. We have had good response with the fit on them so far. We did have one that the headlight bracing appeared to have slipped prior to spot welding:(

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I retract my previous posts regarding fenders

I found that these fenders are in fact not Goodmark fenders as they where convyed to be by the Ohio based supplier. The right fender did fit nicley at cowl, door and hood area. The left fender as stated before had poor fitment at cowl.
Neither of them have good bezel fitment as we orginaly thought which was really noticed when the grill and headlight assemblys started to come together.
Needless to say they have been removed and I have special ordered a set of Goodmark part numbers 4011-100-67L and 4011-100-67R from Paddock Parts. (only a few minutes down the road so no shipping cost for me)
The nice sales lady Mary from Paddock Parts called Goodmark while I was on the phone since they no longer list 67 Nova fenders in there own catalog (due to all the returns from dissatisfied customers from the old toolings). The only comment the Goodmark associate stated regarding the fenders was that these where described as Best Quality versus part numbers 4011-100-671L and 4011-100-671R which are described as Standard Quality.
(You can see this for yourselves on Goodmarks site at the below link which I found later)http://ecom.goodmarkindustries.com/cgi-bin/NLNETUPD?co_id=GM/&reqr_type=O&session_no=G1BZ4U1DDG4DGTMGTRBGZMG5G&NL_ORDER_NO=0&cust_no=999999&LOC_NO=001&request_id=QCSTKLST1&mkt_level_1=1967&mkt_level_2=CHEVROLET&mkt_level_3=NOVA&mkt_level_4=100-199&mkt_level_4_title=fenders, fender braces and extensions

I sent an Email to Goodmark asking for verification on new tooling about an hour ago. Maybe I will get some feed back from them on this topic.

If these dont work I am going to be looking for a fiberglass tilt front end.:mad:

Thanks to everyone:D

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Goodmark Response 67 Nova Fenders

I received a response to my E-Mail from Goodmark before finishing the last post.

""The "standard quality" fenders we sell are the same as the Dynacorn fenders.

The "best quality" fenders we sell are made by Golden Legion and are a different (new) tooling.

Greg Chesna
Goodmark Industries, Inc."

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:41 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 67 Nova Fenders Help
Importance: High
"-To whom this may concern

I am looking for verification in regard to the new/better tooling on the 67 Nova fenders . Currently I have tried fenders from 2 different suppliers one set from Dynacorn and the other set from a auto body supplier in Ohio that claimed they were Goodmark’s. However when I received them they were in plain brown boxes with no numbers or identification to indicate they came from Goodmark. Both sets I have tried have had the typical bad tooling and fitment issues especially in the headlight bezel area that many nova enthusiasts speak of.

Now I am going on to set number 3 that I special ordered yesterday from Paddock Parts in Knightstown IN. These are a set of Goodmark 67 Nova fenders part number 4011-100-67L and 4011-100-67R that I have been told are the newer tooling that eliminates the fitment issues found in the earlier tooling’s.
Paddock sales associate called there Goodmark contact while I was on the phone and the only response they got was that the fenders where listed as Better Quality versus part numbers 4011-100-671L and 4011-100-671R which state Standard Quality in the description.

Any clear up on this topic would be very much appreciated."

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Recieved fenders from Goodmark today

Link to pictures of fenders I recieved.

Will be taking to the body shop tommorw for fitment checks.

Just a note:
In the large Goodmark box I received there where two other boxes that looked like cardboard diapers with strings and buttons like a inter-office envelope that the fenders where individualy packed in.
One of them had Goodmark on it and the other said Golden Legion.
Both had Goodmark barcode stickers that had the correct part numbers on them as well as a description "Best Quality".

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
All I can say is that "I win". (loooong story, so don't ask:no:)

Thanks for the detailed thread, you just made my day.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Glad I could help 66BadBoy.:)

Have a school function with kids tonight so want get the new fenders over to the car for fitment until tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fenders are on and looking swell

The newly tooled fenders made by Golden Legion and distributed by Goodmark are on the car and the bezel fitment is going to work very nicley.
The fitment at cowl still leaves a little to be desired (gap a little larger than I would like) but will work out fine with a little tweaking by body guy.

We got the front all assembled yesterday and then dissasmbled in preparation to do jamb painting etc. on wednesday.
Will try and post pictures by end of the week when its back together.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
All I can say is that "I win". (loooong story, so don't ask:no:)

Thanks for the detailed thread, you just made my day.

So what is it that you think that you won? The Mr.Know it all master body technician of the year award. Think again.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nope. I wouldn't short myself like that. It's more like this:
YO, Can you believe the nerve of some guys?:rolleyes:
He's no longer a mod, so I guess he thinks he can flap his wings now.:bored:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts