Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a local place that sold bolts and I took a ride to fastenal and they had all my suspension bolts. I paid $15 for 10 irradated grade 8 steel bolts out the door. I looked up the same bolts that they sell with the locknuts through ebay and online stores and they wanted $30+ shipped but thats only for 4 bolts and nuts. My bolts could all rust out at once and I would still have extras to boot.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Fastenal is a great source, specially cause they are local, for some of us. Sometimes if the minimum quantity is too much, like 50 ten dollar bolts I go to CAT tractor supply. Nice bolts too. And grainger in a pinch. All of them use some quality manufactures. Not like some hardware stores where its questionable where they were made or imported from. JR

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
Fastenal is Ok. We use them to stock our bolts and fittings at work. I get custom-made bolts for my side business from Associated Fastening Products in Elk Grove Village. Then of course there is always Grainger and the other industrial supply stores.

But the ultimate industrial supply/hardware store is only about 15 minutes away if I ever need just about any fastener (or anything else). McMaster-Carr in Elmhurst, IL (one of the benefits of living in the Chicagoland area).

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fastenal is Ok. We use them to stock our bolts and fittings at work. I get custom-made bolts for my side business from Associated Fastening Products in Elk Grove Village. Then of course there is always Grainger and the other industrial supply stores.

But the ultimate industrial supply/hardware store is only about 15 minutes away if I ever need just about any fastener (or anything else). McMaster-Carr in Elmhurst, IL (one of the benefits of living in the Chicagoland area).
I use most of those suppliers as well but Fastenal is on my way back from work so I dont have to spend anything extra on gas or shipping.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Fastenal is Ok.

Then of course there is always Grainger
Whats nice about fastenal and grainger is you can get PFC (http://www.porteousfastener.com) bolts from them if you need some high quality bolts on the cheap. And for me they are right next to each other, bout 15 mins from the house. For them last minute OOPS, I forgot a bolt projects. JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts