Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this is David_D. posting under my brother's login cause I'm on his computer at work lol.

Okay, so the good and not so good:

The good is my car ran consistant all day, cut a .006 light on one of my time runs.

The not so good/good first round: Cut a terrible light, so my opponent had me covered, but he didn't figure a car dialed 11.20 would run 120 MPH, which is what his car runs at 10.88. He dumped too soon and couldn't match my power on the top end so I got the win light.

The not so good second round: -.041 RED. I'm out!

The Excellent: My brother Stan won the whole thing and took home some $$$

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Time for you to sit down and play with a practice tree. Best of luck, RM

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is time for him to do it. We have a full size practice tree with LEDs and last year I made just shy of 5,000 hits on it in a month and it helped me a ton. He is going to start on it tommorow.

We have the car running consistent numbers we just need to get him consistently cutting good lights and then go rounds.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
There are different practice units available. As was posted above, you can buy a full size tree if you want one. I and most of my friends have the smaller practice trees available for less than $200. I use to put mine on the hood of my car and I modifed the trans brake button in my car to activate the tree so I was working with the same device I was racing with. I haven'y used mine in a couple years now but I run pro tree in the points classes I run plus after all these years I do OK from repetitive actions........LOL. Jegs, Summitt and probably other Hi Po catalogs have them. RM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts