Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aahhhh, come on! i would do it in a heartbeat....(if my nova didn't have a spool in the rear-end, ...and, if my car was FINALLY back together for that matter :yes:) i just need 2 more things....time and money!:D but mainly just time..................and money!

anyways,
i think this will be the 1st event here, if I'm not mistaken....i hope its a descent track/layout.

i've tried autocross a few times in the past, including the "wet/dry track" at the Year One Experience near Atlanta (with another car, obviously) and its a blast....you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm registered and the car is ready to go. I think it is the first annual autocross at this Good-Guys event. I also registered for the De Anza Valley College Autocross on May 17th. I ran my car at Infineon Raceway last Wednesday night. After 3 runs on the dragstrip, I managed a best of 13.4 at 102 mph on street tires. I haven't raced out there in nearly 15 years and it's still the same ol' slick track. I spun the tires every time, even with a slow rolling start. I managed a best 60' time of 2.20. I thought it went well, considering I didn't break anything. I'll try harder at the autocross events. I need an excuse to build a faster motor!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks like fun! I'm trying to do it in my brother's '66 but it's been sitting all winter and needs a little maintenance here and there....here's what it looks like in case we actually get to do a run.

Ryan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Very nice looking Nova...any suspension mods? Can't wait to see iy in person.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks! Just a chassisworks front end with coilovers and stock leafs with caltracs in the back...... we'll see how it does :D, might even try mom's wagon with the same setup.

Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts