Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I remember those tests with the bearings like that when the vendors would come to my old work selling oil additives like Slick 50, Prolong and another one that I can't remember.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:yes:Ill stick to the 41 dollar 5 quart valvoline brand :yes:

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
ALL well and good... BUT

this is a European oil.... and the testing is standard roller bearing scuff..

Royal P. leaves lots of residue....

Penrite is great oil.. IF you can find it.....

Valvoline IS right here and cheaper than RP...

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
ya ive always heard that royal purple was the best but it cost more then the others
My brother ran nothing but RP in the LS1 I built him. Perfect maintenance schedule!! At around 50k the valve covers came off to replace the valve springs (.600 lift eventually takes it's toll:yes:). The inside of the valve covers were CRUSTY!! He switched to Mobil 1.:yes:

I run Valvoline in everything except my chain saws.:D Even the ATV's get Valvoline.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Veno,
which Vavoline oil ? When I go to the track I use the Wix 51060R low
restriction filter and 5/30 RP.
I wouldn't hesitate to go to Valvaline tho.

Thanks
Its a long read.. but chocked full of INFO... enough info for you to make the right decision for your self

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80715

personally I use the Valvoline VR1 line up... including the new 10W30 VR1 synthetic...( just introduced 4 months ago)

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
My brother ran nothing but RP in the LS1 I built him. Perfect maintenance schedule!! At around 50k the valve covers came off to replace the valve springs (.600 lift eventually takes it's toll:yes:). The inside of the valve covers were CRUSTY!! He switched to Mobil 1.:yes:

I run Valvoline in everything except my chain saws.:D Even the ATV's get Valvoline.
ha wow really, ive always heard good about rp but eh guess im gonna switch to Valvoline ive been looking for a good brand oil to stick with in my nova :yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts