Chevy Nova Forum banner

going with these headers

7K views 36 replies 5 participants last post by  6NOVA4 
#1 ·
#2 ·
the summit coated ones look identical to those... I had a set on my nova when a I had the 355 in it.....

the coating dulled out in about a year..... but fit and construction was darb:D...

plugs were easy(straight) (angle will not fit) wires were well out of the way....

passengers side sliped in from the top.... drivers took a bit more fenageling from the bottom... but slid in once the clearance and height were achieved.

#8 ·
If you look closely the #2 pipe is routed different and #6 comes out and down farther than the hookers. But were talking 1 5/8" vs 1 3/4" different headers IMO.

What I don't like about the hooker comp 1 5/8" headers is the #6 tube is too close to the plug so the boot always burns and its a PITA to change that plug. Driver side isn't as bad but it has issues too. They fit nice but waaaaayyyy to close to the starter IMO. The hooker super comp 1 7/8" header has more starter and plug clearance than the 1 5/8" comps.
So by looking at that link from summit they look identical to the hooker comps.

#9 ·
I will add there is nothing wrong with those headers, just route #6 like in the pic above. Also get the accel shorty plugs too. And when you fire up the car let all that black paint crap burn off, then pull the headers out, scuff them and clean them and let sit in the hot sun then use VHT high heat paint and repaint them black. After that they won't discolor.:D

#21 ·
Suggestion......

remove all the existing exhaust manifolds first.... raise the car as high as you can and support it safely.. unbolt drivers side engine mount... and roll the engine to the passenger side with a floor jack.... this should help reduce the need to raise the car so high...

#33 ·
I dont know.. but have read that 0000 steel wool will shine them.. BUT the coating is very thin.... and you will rub through it. so be careful.. I read it can be done about 2 times before you remove the coating and exposed bare steel.. once that happens.. rust will start lifting the coating around the rubbed through spot..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.