Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to mooresville sat. to run in the Atlantic Racing HUSS series, anyone going to go????? If my junk won't run 8.0 I will run in the pro tree brackets.
Mark

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I'll be there running the 6.0 class. If you see me stop and say Hi. I have a red 71 Nova. Hope to see you. Going to be hot so be prepared to suffer....LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Are you talking about Mooresville NC? Hard to see how it was even a 1/4 mile track with the land available. But anyway I don't know of anyone right off. I didn't start racing there til the late 80s when I moved here and started racing again. They have a web site and message board so you might want to ask that question on the boards. Just a thought. RM

·
Registered
556 Posts
McCoy,Mark I'll be there with a white 86 Regal(it has a bbc). I'll be looking for both of you guys. My car has small tires and small cowl hood. I'll be parked to the immediate right of the gate's.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I heard it was a 1/5th mile track at one time and dirt but I don't know about a qtr.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Sounds good, what class you going to run? Hope to see you there. RM

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pro Tree bracket race. I'm stuck because the cars not fast enough now for 7.0 class and to quick for 8.0class. Car usually runs 7.20s 7.30s. I have another bottle of gas and a system but no time to install.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I have the slow 66 red nova with a 4 in cowl hood. Hope to get there around 1 and try and get a good pit spot, you guys are going to have to help me get my car running a little faster.
See ya tomorrow!!!!!!!
Mark

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I doubt anyone is going to be real quick in the heat they are forecasting.......LOL. I ordered a new 10X15 ft e z up canopy last week to park the car under to help keep it cool. The freight company called today and said they want to deliver it next Thursday. Of coarse I have to race Sat and Monday in plus 90 degree heat without it......LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
me and a friend visited mooresville in april 94 we had come over to go to the
30th anniversary mustang show at charlotte and decided to take in some track action while there when we got to mooresville the guy at the gate could not belive we were from england and liked drag racing i told him there
were a few tracks back home and he asked if we raced jaguars and bmw"s
i informed him there are about 60.000 american cars in the united kingdom with many being raced most summer weekends we saw plenty of early novas
at mooresville by the way is the house still about 50 feet from the startline:eek:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well we got home a little while ago, and I must say I had the best time I have ever had at the track!!!!!! First pass was really bad, the guy in front of me blew up and we were down for about an hour, I was next to run in that lane, needless to say it sucked big time, car ran a 1.92 60 ft. and an 8.79 I was bumming, but after talking to Rods65 and his dad, and the Thompson brothers, the next pass netted a 8.25 with a 1.74 60 ft. the weather was in the 90's and the track temp was in the 130 to 140 range at the starting line, I am flying high!!! get ready Tony Brown I will be spending some money next week. I seen you run Joe McCoy but ran out of time to come over to talk, I will be sure to come over next time, my hat's off to Rod and his dad, they really helped me out alot, and as for the house 50 feet from the starting line, they are still there, when we left the track after a first round loss, I noticed the T.V. was on. Go figure...
MarkV

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I got to talk to Rodney and his Dad but I stopped by Marks trailer a couple times and he wasn't there. Always fun to meet new people so maybe next time I'll get to meet Mark. Glad everyone had a fun time and safe day. At least the traffic wasn't too bad going home, I was worried about Charlotte spectators clogging up the roads after the Busch race but it wasn't real bad. My car worked good but as usually happens to me when it gets dark, I went RED .009 and wasted an almost perfect run of 6.001 on a 6.0 index. I got to start wearing sun glasses when it gets dark or something.......LOL. RM

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hello fellas!!!! I had a blast Saturday. I went out in the third round little late on the tree and car spun a little and couldn't run the number. Joe you got a clean Nova and I really thought you had a shot at winning that 6.0 class. Nice to meet you and Mark. Hope you do well on Monday at Shadyside. (I'm at work dang it). Mark glad you got home safe. I didn't get home til about 11:30 and had to get up early for church and that was tough. Nice to meet someone from the site and I wish I had the 65's rearend done so I could have drove it down and raced. RC

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Rodney. I have to come up with something to stop redlighting on that pro tree when it gets dark. Hate to waste that 6.001 on a 6.0 index due to a .009 redlight but that's racing. Maybe we can do better today. Stay safe and best of luck. RM

·
Registered
556 Posts
Joe, how did you do at Shadyside.RC

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Won first round then lost a good race second round. I ran 6.010 with a .009 light to the other guys 6.004 with a .013 light. MOV .002 so it was a good race. Had a good time but it was hot. 90 degrees inside my insulated trailer so it was close to 100 outside and it was sunny too.......LOL. RM

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sounds like it was hotter yesterday than it was on Saturday. The track temp was 121 at about 3:00 on Saturday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts