Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes street racing at the local drag strip were thier holding street legal drags to help get racing off the street:yes: cant wait its going to be fun i should pull most of the lil ricer cars:devil:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
My first pass my first time at the track I ran against a stock mustang GT and beat him with a low 14. Next run was against a 240SX...I was thinking, this will be a joke! It was, he freakin' killed me!!! Never thought a 240SX would run 12s! I got him off the line and then he passed me like I was backing up. LOL!

How did it go tonight?

·
Registered
661 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Dont feel bad, i had a honda del sol or somehing like that do me the same way at the 1/8th mile. Im ashamed:slap::slap::mad:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did pretty good! beat a honda hacth, subaru 2.5i, and a truck that though it was fast. Lost to a civc type r..

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Sounds like a good night at the track...makes me want to go to the track this Friday night to race street cars too...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya it was fun seen some neat cars it just sucks only having the 165 hp the nova has lol good thing I have 4.10s that helps out.

·
Registered
562 Posts
i was gonna head out to some street races and watch last night. i drove my car down there were everyone was meeting and everyone was picking on me. i have a full cage, race seats, fuel cell sitting in an aluminum trunk, with half aluminum interior, and a burrley stock inline six lol. everyone was poking jabs at me saying they thought it was a bit overkill. i was just happy to take it for a cruz

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Tell them that at least you're doing things to your car that are actually useful for building a fast car....unlike stereos, fart cans, body kits or big gay wings!!!LOL!:D

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Tell them that at least you're doing things to your car that are actually useful for building a fast car....unlike stereos, fart cans, body kits or big gay wings!!!LOL!:D
my thoughts exactly....... i love them import guys they dump 2500 bucks and there car still runs 13.90s i dump 2500 bucks and i could run low 10s :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
my thoughts exactly....... i love them import guys they dump 2500 bucks and there car still runs 13.90s i dump 2500 bucks and i could run low 10s :yes:
Not to mention that most of the imports look like hell.:yes:
The best I saw was a ricer doing a burn out and his front bumper fell off and he ran it over.

·
Registered
562 Posts
YOUR 100% rite. How did you know it was import guys. lol. they were ok. I just wish my parents paid my bills so i could dump all of my pay checks into my car. some of those guys have a lot of money into there cars and they work at mcdonalds, and taco bell.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
YOUR 100% rite. How did you know it was import guys. lol. they were ok. I just wish my parents paid my bills so i could dump all of my pay checks into my car. some of those guys have a lot of money into there cars and they work at mcdonalds, and taco bell.
I think that a lot of them have their parents buying and fixing the cars up for them...hence the cosmetics vs. go fast stuff.

Only import guys would make fun of a muscle car in progress. I would have encouraged you to stick with it until you get it exactly the way you want it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes everthing takes time. Ya my Friend dumped 5 grand into a short block and about 2 for his head all for his civic and it makes around 250 and it will run mid to low 12s its a fast car hes spent soooooo much money on this thing i mean i bet im off about 2 grand on my estamates. I look at it i can put that kind of money in my car and its not drecreasingin vaule like imports thiers not rareity i mean my novas nothing speacil but i know it will be worth alot more in the long run

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
i was gonna head out to some street races and watch last night. i drove my car down there were everyone was meeting and everyone was picking on me. i have a full cage, race seats, fuel cell sitting in an aluminum trunk, with half aluminum interior, and a burrley stock inline six lol. everyone was poking jabs at me saying they thought it was a bit overkill. i was just happy to take it for a cruz
Dont worry about the jokes . Keep on making that car the way you want. Real car guys can appreciate that work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts