Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed the new lower control arm kit from CPP on a 1962 Nova II ragtop. The car was recently purchased with all new front end work done to accomodate the new crate motor. I was told "it just needs an alignment." Yeah right. After searching for the least expensive front end system (@$2500) I met Jim from CPP at the Del Mar Nationals. He must have been one of the wise men. My father in law and I installed this miraculous steering/suspension kit in about 6 hours with no picutres or instructions.

After taking the car off of the jack stands the miracle happened. With just a few changes/adjustments we were rolling in a very nice and well responsive front suspension. Thank you CPP, you could have sold us one of those nice TCI front ends but instead you sold us a jewel for alot less $$$$.

On a side note: the original installer of the new front brakes, spindles and ball joints used an SSBC disc brake kit. We ended up having to use the ball joints supplied with that kit instead of the ones that came with the CPP kit. The CCP stud that goes up through the spindle was shorter than the one on the SSBC kit. If you purchase a SSBC brake/spindle kit, and use the CPP lower control arm kit, make sure you measure the ball joint stud length. When it came time to place the castle nut back on, we ran out of threads and could not fit the cotter key in the hole. A simple ball joint swap was the trick.

Again, a huge thanks to Jim and his crew at CPP. I would also like to thank all of those Nova owners who answered questions for us at Del Mar.

Great web site!!!!!!!!!!

Mike C

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Classic Performance Products.... it's in the Library under brakes, i believe ;)

for install info, member NOGO documented his install. check his user profile for the link to his install album :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
When ever I see a car for sale on ebay or else where and it says "it just needs an alignment." I would be suspiousious. If all it needed was an alinment
you think they would just take it down to an local allignment shop and pay $50.00 to have it alligned.

Glad to see that someone else installed the lower control arm kit and is satisfied

1 - 9 of 9 Posts