Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at GM ZZ6 350 crate motor. From suppliers it has a GM High Rise Intake Manifold (P/N 12496822). Anybody have any experience with this type intake relative to any hood clearance issues? Also, anybody have any idea what additional height over a more standard manifold would be?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm running a 350 with a 3/4" spacer, holley DP, edelbrock performer RPM air gap, drop base air cleaner and 3 inch filter in a '63, under the stock hood. I don't know, but I would guess the '67 has more room than a '63?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. May have to rethink the engine selection. High Rise single plane intake is how is offered. Part of the plan was Holley Sniper (which I'm told is 1/2 to 3/4 taller than carb) and single plane intake recommended. Hesitant to spend that kind of money and then have to change intake.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I run a super victor jr on my 421 in my 66. King demon carb with a speedway drop base air cleaner. I think I’ve got around 1/4-1/2” of clearance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks. May have to rethink the engine selection. High Rise single plane intake is how is offered. Part of the plan was Holley Sniper (which I'm told is 1/2 to 3/4 taller than carb) and single plane intake recommended. Hesitant to spend that kind of money and then have to change intake.
You don't need a single plane intake for the sniper.
I've been running my sniper on a dual plane intake for the last 2 years with no issues. I do have a 1" open spacer between the sniper and intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts