Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I just spend some good dollars on a nice set of real GM Performance small block Chevy valve covers. These are the tall ones with no holes. I have to drill a hole on each valve cover, one for the PCV valve and one for the air breather which I thought would double as an oil cap on the other cover. Question is that I want to put something nice and clean on and I can't seem to find anything without any billet bling or script on it. Has anyone done this before where they have something really clean and discreet, almost what GM would have done from the factory. I am looking at running RPC #R6008 as the PCV or just going with a stock PCV and the breather would be RPC's#R7192. Thoughts, pics, ideas greatly appreciated.
Tony

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
Any covers without baffles in the PCV holes will cause problems. For what they charge for those the holes should be already in them (all 3) and baffles installed.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I went with the Proform Parts valve covers that are close to identical to the GMPP covers. Very high quality, little less money and I was able to buy them with holes already cut with baffles installed as well.

Either way a great looking valve cover! I agree with the above though that you are asking for problems without a baffle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the Proform Parts valve covers that are close to identical to the GMPP covers. Very high quality, little less money and I was able to buy them with holes already cut with baffles installed as well.

Either way a great looking valve cover! I agree with the above though that you are asking for problems without a baffle.

So I've already committed to these covers and I really like them. How can I add a baffle to this cover? I thought I read somewhere a grommet that has a baffle in it?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
You can connect the pcv thru a vented cap on the valve cover. I have done this before on another set of valve covers.

You could also use a fully enclosed grommet and cut a small slit in it.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used the grommet that Big Al recommended in the post above. It works great.

Thanks guys,
So what I get here is if I buy the PCV grommet with baffle for one cover and the Air breather grommet with baffle for the other cover, then I should take care of any baffling issue's without an further mods?

A few other questions, I'm assuming the valve cover air breather will also couple as an oil cap?

Since I have to drill the holes, I was thinking of having them both on the back just to keep things cleaner looking up front, any reason I wouldn't do that.

Can you also tell me which PCV and which cap are used in the above pic.

Thanks for the pic, any other pics of this engine and other side of the valve cover/cap would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I was looking at those covers without holes for whenever I get my vacuum pump installed, but I'm really liking the look of these AFR pieces mocked up on my engine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts