Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking around for a few months and have come to a decision of two engines I believe I'd like to run in my car. The 350/ 350 hp crate engine or the 350/385 hp crate engine, both from GM Performance. Does anyone use or have any input as to which is the better deal or anything, really about these engines? Has anyone used either of these at all? I'm just looking to make my car streetable, nothing to radical, but still have enough horse power to have some fun with. I'm looking to bolt a 4 speed into her too, I just have to find one once I get the engine situation taken care of. Thanks.

·
Registered
445 Posts
72 Rally Nova said:
I've been looking around for a few months and have come to a decision of two engines I believe I'd like to run in my car. The 350/ 350 hp crate engine or the 350/385 hp crate engine, both from GM Performance. Does anyone use or have any input as to which is the better deal or anything, really about these engines? Has anyone used either of these at all? I'm just looking to make my car streetable, nothing to radical, but still have enough horse power to have some fun with. I'm looking to bolt a 4 speed into her too, I just have to find one once I get the engine situation taken care of. Thanks.

Rally,

is the 350 /385hp motor the fast burn one? if I had to choose, I would go with that one with a 4 speed. that should be alot of fun.

Aaron

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the Fastburn engine, seems like a pretty decent bang for the buck, considering two or three chevy dealers around here have them or could have them ready to pick up and drop in the same day.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
crate motor

Rally, I have the fast burn 385 and love it. My car has a super t-10 with a 12 bolt posi with 373's. The motor has a nice idle with lots of power.
And if you want more power you can put in the hot cam kit for 430 hp.
Mine came from Pace performance.Great guys to deal with.They have a web sight. Also check out Sally chevrolet. They have some great looking crate motors also.Gm also puts out a 383 with the fast burn heads. Big block performance out of a small block. So to answer your question, Yes I would buy another one in a HEART-BEAT! I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Steve w:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts