Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for hours through this forum and the interweb and have found conflicting answers to my question. I have a 69 Nova and am wondering if it originally came with the blue GM Mark of Excellence stickers in the door jam. If so where should they be placed? Is there just a general area on the door or more specific on placement? I have heard that these stickers were no longer being placed on the door after 67 but also read that dealers were placing them on the doors into the early 70's models when they received them.

Attachments

·
13,956 Posts
These decals didn't see use in Chevy II/Nova prior to 1967. In '67 they were turquoise. In 1968 and '69 they were blue. There doesn't appear to be much consistency in their '69 use, with some cars having them and some not. Yes, dealers and owners may have been placing them into the 70's and we now see all kinds of years incorrectly displaying them. They are most often seen installed on the door above the latching mechanism. I believe the location is shown in assembly manuals.

Bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Bob. I picked up an assembly manual a couple weeks back but had not cracked it open yet. I will take a look there.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I don’t believe they were use on the 69 Nova, I’ve never seen one on any survivors.

·
13,956 Posts
I don’t believe they were use on the 69 Nova, I’ve never seen one on any survivors.
There's a '69 on eBay right now that has them, but probably has been re-painted and decals added. They're readily available in reproduction. I've seen them added to just about every generation of Chevy II/Nova.

Bob

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Def not used after '68, and even '68 usage might be sketchy.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a '69 on eBay right now that has them, but probably has been re-painted and decals added. They're readily available in reproduction. I've seen them added to just about every generation of Chevy II/Nova.

Bob
I checked out the 69's listed on eBay and did find 2 out of the 10 listed had them on the door above the latching mechanism. I have already purchased them so I will put them on. They are just stickers so they can be removed. Thanks everyone

·
13,956 Posts
I checked out the 69's listed on eBay and did find 2 out of the 10 listed had them on the door above the latching mechanism. I have already purchased them so I will put them on. They are just stickers so they can be removed. Thanks everyone
Good call! Only the gurus here at SNS know all these intricate right/wrong details:). Most others don't have a clue.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts