Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what brgs will fit in a 64 front drum hub. to mount it to a mustang 2 spindle . any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Kenny,

What you need is the bearing numbers from the hub and the bearing numbers used on the spindle.

A "TRUE" Bearing store (IE: Bearing Dist can help you)

What they do is take the hub outer specs and the spindle inter bearing specs and match up a bearing for you.
IF AVAILABLE!!

Good luck

Al

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Motion Industires (IE: A NAPA Company)
6180 N HOLLYWOOD BLVD. SUITE 110
LAS VEGAS, NV 89115
Phone: (702) 651-9490
Fax: (702) 651-9466

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If the bearings between a typical 60's GM drum brake hub and a 69-72 11" GM midsize disk brake rotor are the same ( which I think they are) , You might be able to use a bearing kit from SpeedwayMotors.com.
They sell a bearing and seal kit #910-31051 for $25 That fits these GM rotors to 74-80 Mustang II spindels.
Thats what 'm running on mine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brg issue

i just called speedway they said the brg set is to fit later model 11 inch rotor to a early model gm spindle.do you run a mustang 2 spindle.if so i will verify that the gm hub brg is the same as the gm 11 in brgs if they are i will go ahead and order them

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i just called speedway they said the brg set is to fit later model 11 inch rotor to a early model gm spindle.do you run a mustang 2 spindle.if so i will verify that the gm hub brg is the same as the gm 11 in brgs if they are i will go ahead and order them
I am running Speedways 11" GM brake kit # 910-31943 with their Mustang II spindels #910-34307.
The individual repacement parts can be purchased seperately and are listed in the catalog according to what kit they go in..
According to my Speedway 2009 street rod master catalog #280 on page 56 in the brakes section, Part# 910-31051 is the bearing kit for 11" GM intermediate disk brake rotor ( 69-72 midsize. ie Chevelle , camaro etc. ) to 74-80 Mustang II. I don't know why they told you that on the phone, but I trust the catalog more than someone on the phone (long story). Double check their web site and order from there. Never order stuff by phone as the probability for miscommunication and errors is typically higher (at least in my experience).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts