Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a write up with pics on how to install a radio in the glove box? I want to relocate mine but have no idea where to start. I dont have the cardboard that goes inside the glovebox. Any ideas would help

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
I am pretty sure this is a members car and I wish I knew who it was as they deserve credit. I believe this is a first gen but it may give you an idea.
Best of luck with your project.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a cool set up. Anyone do one in a 3rd generation?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have any pic of it? where did you get it from?

·
6,525 Posts
I would approach it like the pictures acd65post posted. Use some thin poster board for templates, transfer it over to steel and see what might be needed to be changed for your use.

As for as accessing the new radio, get a radio with a wireless remote control. Then buy an IR (infrared) repeater system. With this you can keep the glove box lid closed and with the original remote for the new radio control things like volume, radio station presets, CD tracks, source control, and so on. I've used IR repeaters from Aamp of America under part number PVIRT.

Jim

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would approach it like the pictures acd65post posted. Use some thin poster board for templates, transfer it over to steel and see what might be needed to be changed for your use.

As for as accessing the new radio, get a radio with a wireless remote control. Then buy an IR (infrared) repeater system. With this you can keep the glove box lid closed and with the original remote for the new radio control things like volume, radio station presets, CD tracks, source control, and so on. I've used IR repeaters from Aamp of America under part number PVIRT.

Jim
When I make the templete should I go all the way to the firewall or stop before it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i have one and its simple i got a radio mounting bracket it appears to be for a boat and i just have it nutted an bolted ti the top of the glove box but my glove box is fiberglassed i will put pics up soon

·
6,525 Posts
When I make the templete should I go all the way to the firewall or stop before it.
There's no need to make a template all the way to the firewall (unless I'm misunderstanding your question). You just want to make a baffle or mounting plate to hold the front portion of your new radio. The back end of the radio will be supported with some flat stock steel or a backbrace material.

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts