Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,581 Posts
The sheen you have on your dash is the exact look I'd like for my black dash to have. Did you use the same paint and sheen on your A pillars as well?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The whole interior is Cromax medium satin. The body shop said it’s the closest they’ve found to the original sheen.

·
Registered
406 Posts
This is a dumb question, how do you install the glove box? I have the cardboard piece but don't quite understand how it installs? are there screws that hold it in place or a strap (I might be missing). thanks! Yours looks good. I need to adjust my door and latch to get it to open better.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To get it in there you push the cardboard box at an angle thru the opening from the front. You have to remove the door first. The door hinge studs hold the bottom of the cardboard, two screws hold the top edge to the dash, and there are two more that hold the sides. You may have to loosen the two latch screws as well. Before you tighten the door hinge nuts, align the door in the opening. The curved catch on the right side needs to be centered in it's opening or it will rub. Tighten the nuts. Then you can move the latch around a bit to the get the top of the door in/out to align to the dash. Of course, you must remember it's an old Nova. Don't expect stuff to align perfectly!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
the glove box is one of those places you don't use very much but still has to look good. nice job. that might be one of my next winter jobs, a new liner an also the light hooked in to. on my 66 the lid bracket on the right there is a rubber bumper on the inside of the bracket. i'll keep an eye out for your nova at a show this summer.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm, I wonder if '63's have a rubber bumper for the catch. I doubt my car will be done this summer. I am slow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts