Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help to resolve Glove box lock latch for my 64 . I have tried 3 different glove box locks. My problem is when you push the button in on lock and open the glove box, the inside hook on the lock does not go far enough down to unlatch lock from latch on glove box frame. Since I have gone through 3 different locks, is the problem with the latch on the dash frame or this there a way to make the hook on the lock go down farther to clear the latch. Seems like the spring or the hook should be longer or the latch should be moved. I am at a lost.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
the plate should be adjustable, and I've had to ben them one way or the other to make them fit.

I am assuming it's the same as 66/67 though

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Mine did the same thing, just bent the striker plate up a little.

·
Registered
53 Posts
help

the plate should be adjustable, and I've had to ben them one way or the other to make them fit.

I am assuming it's the same as 66/67 though
can you put the hinge in the wrong way ? the shop took it off now it don't close right and feels like its binding up last half inch before it closes

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Original post was from 2009...
hopefully it is fixed by now...:devil::eek::D

but for sure always look at the screw in part it should slide forwards backwards to fix these kind of things...

Mark

·
Registered
242 Posts
And one more thing. My glove box latch rattled like crazy and it was driving me crazy. Figured out that the retainer wasn't holding the latch tight enough so I added a thin rubber ring around the base of the latch on the door side. Now its super tight and quiet. Easy fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts