Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone show me some picture of ride height with Global West rear springs installed on a 1st gen (or 2nd gen)? I am also interested in hearing opinions about overall ride quality, etc. Thanks!

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Global West stuff is pretty old school so to speak.GW was the stuff to have back in the mid 90's when I was building my car.There was a magazine article"turn pig turn" using all GW stuff on a first or second gen.I may have it somewhere.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I way back in the day had put the rear springs and fronts from Global West on my 63 Nova for Road Racing, Never Got thier with that car as the ended up on a 67SS, On a Outing with a local Pantera Club my Pantera ate itself so I ended up taking the 67 Nova.
Also showing up were some roudy early fast back Mustangs set up for the quick mountain roads we run. although the Nova is no match for the Pantera's, the Nova held it's own with the Mustangs which was a pretty good suprise for them and me, the run was in the back area's of San Diego County and Mt Palomar.
I might ad that I take the car often to work running down the freeway in the fast lane and handles nicely cruising at 80mph.
Mark

These same springs were in my 63 , don,t know if the engine was in the front, either way these springs did not compress much on the front.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That is great info.

I am trying to decide between stock height CBR leaf springs and Global West leaf springs. There is a big price difference. The main goal is to eliminate wheel-hop and maintain a close-to-stock ride height. In the pictures above, the 63 and 67 look pretty close to stock (not too low). Global West might be a good option for me.

How was the ride quality?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts