Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone sent their Centerlink and Idler arm into Global West for a complete Del-a-Lum bearing swap?
Do they take both Manual and Power Steer units?

How were the results ? Noticable?

James

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hey James, I've got to call you. I just put a full global west kit on my wagon on Sat. Got it used with very low miles. it has the del-a-lum bearings in the upper/lower control arms and the idler arm. It's a straight idler arm, so that's a manual steering only one I think. At least looking at the parts they appear to be top notch... I'm getting it aligned Wed morning and we can go for a ride...

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I'm talking about! Yes!

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
I've got the whole done deal as well but that car isn't on the road yet.
Appears to be of extremely high quality and turn-around time was less than 2 weeks. :yes:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you send them and hope much Ka$h

Tony,

what did you have to send to GW and how much moolah did it cost, if you don't mind me axing!:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
It was probably 2 years ago if not longer, so I can't really recall what the total cost was. (which is probably different now) - I'd call them and inquire...

I beleive that all I sent them was the centerlink and the idler arm. They cleaned, painted, installed the Del-Alum components and returned.

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
I did the whole set up from GW also... Uppers/Lowers and center link, idler arm.

The gear came back very nice and primed as I recall...

Unfortunately I haven't had the car back in the road since. I can say for a fact that the center link and idler arm are night and day difference!

GW was the only game in town when I sent it. Hopefully this summer I'll be able to say how good!

Mark

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The cool thing here is this "Mod" will totally fit my 65's " Keep it Simple " approach.
Once my v8 goes in I'm pulling the stock pwr steering (salvage it for my 63 MO- Door) and will have GW outfit a Manual Steering set up for me.
Then change the Shocks, add v8 springs, Factory Sway bar and a CPP Mini Clip and I'm Good as Gold!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is what Global West said,

"We will need the center link , idler arm, and the idler arm bracket that holds it to the frame. Make sure the style you have has a rubber bushing in the center link and idler. Some had a ball joint and we can not repair them.
cost 200.00 --- we send the unit back to you assembled.
Thanks Doug
Thank you for your inquiry.
Global West Technical Support Group".

James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts