Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Any Know Where I Can Find An Acticule On The "proper" Way To Install A One Piece Frontend On A 66/7 Boxed Front End? I Have Thought It Threw But At The Risk Of Blowing $600.00 And Or Look Like Crap????
Tx
Sandy

·
Registered
348 Posts
well, if anyone can help i too would like to know. my father wants to run a fiberglass front end on his prostreet (trying to be lighter...and there for faster than me).

also, any fiberglass front install would be fine. it doesnt need to be model specific. we jsut need some tips to get it right.

Eric

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
first, you gotta get a front structure/install kit, or make one yourself. my father went with the s&w kit. we hacked off the front of the frame rails, only like 6 inches (its an 85 monte) and welded round tubes to it. the inner structure slides right in w/ 2 pins and 4dzus fasteners on the fenders. since its fiberglass, some trimming may be in order depending on the quality. remember, you get what u pay for.

...why not get glass fenders? ...i got glass fenders, and theyre nice.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I have never seen any articles on doing them. I have done about 10 so far. It's not that hard once you look at how they are done. I make my own mounting system but as stated they can be purchased as well. I can send you some photos if you have an e mail address cause I can't post photos on here, just not that smart. I can also tell you I wouldn't use a glass front end on a street car. Mounting the headlights, no inner fenders, strenght and cooling would be why. The reason I use them is for ease of maintaining the car but all my cars with glass frontends are race only cars. If you know anyone with a glass frontend car go look at it and you'll see how they get mounted. RM

·
Registered
475 Posts
www.usbody.com has a "how to" on mounting a 'glass frontend.....thats the one I was thinking about. Click on 66-67 Nova on the list at left then scroll all the way to the bottom of that page and click on "installation and paint". There is a link there that shows how to install a one piece frontend.....its not on a Nova but you will get the idea anyway.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I've installed them before and there is a lot of trial and error,first get a name brand product......US Body Source or Glastek are quality. Second get reliable help,make sure they are in it with you till the end of project,not "Hurry up,I gotta be home at 6:00,my wife gotta go to Walmart!" I went thru that crap before and you don't want to rush. Take your time and read directions,mock it up a few times and so on......sometimes it took me a half of a day but if you get tired,cranky,and start cursing.............close the door and do it another day. This is just my opinion but it usually works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts