Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I would say it is very common.
I remember back in high school my 1962 Nova convertible had rusted thru the top of the front fenders and the car was then only 5 years old.
Remember these cars are now 68 years old so a lot of repairs have been made to them from previous owners.
If you have rust thru the top of the fender I bet you have a lot more rust at the bottom of the fender and attached brace.
I just removed my front fenders durning my current restoration and the top of the fenders looked great but once the lower rocker panel mouldings were removed the rusted out fender was apparent. I junked the fenders.

·
Vendor
2,179 Posts
Yes, super common. Mud bucket may be swiss cheese as well. No patch panels for that section, but if the top is that bad, the bottom is probably not much better. Replacing the fender is probably the best option.

Reactions: heckster63

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
how common is this on a 63? and do they make a patch panel for this?

View attachment 427926

thanks,

Mike
the 63 wagon I bought waskinda Like this on that side so I put Nos fenders on it. They’re getting harder to find over the last even FEW years.
mid replace the fender with Nos or oem if possible.

·
Registered
1963 Nova convertible
769 Posts
A few of the members here do have the patching skills if the fender isn't too far gone. They do that or find a good used fender that needs some attention because some don't like to use the repops and of the scarcity and price of nos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts