Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
NASA has a new class for side-by-sides in their stage rally program. We had 2 Mavericks at Rally West Virginia last month. They're pretty quick. If they had been competing against the cars, the faster of the two would have finished ahead of all but one of the 2WD entries.

The big sticking point is getting them licensed for the road. Quite a few states are considering letting the more advanced side-by-sides register as 'custom cars' because, in many respects, they're similar to rail buggies.

Polaris is leading the charge, with help from three other manufacturers. They're talking about the possibility of having a model that's rally-ready for about $15k. If they can pull it off, that would be a very affordable way to get into the sport.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I wanna play!!! Too bad I bet there is more money in that RZR than I got in all my toys combined...

·
Registered
527 Posts
no kidding. I have been wanting to take the kids...Me out ridding for a while now and no luck. Damn you work.
Yeah I hear ya. For a while there I was unable to afford taking the quad and truck out because I had been getting my hours cut at work. Well I just picked up another job as a mechanic. And now that I have the money to pay for the fun, I no longer have the time for the fun. At least I have 2 jobs now and can build up a little nest egg for the time being.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts