Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's where she's at, almost ready for primer. Spent the last two mornings sanding her down under supervision of the shop owner. Needless to say it has been a good learning experiance.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweatin'

Sweat equity is really great isn't it.
Yes it is! I'll be doing the sanding after the primer, guide coat are on as well.

Just want put a plug in for the shop that did the previous body work and paint-Maaco in Mechanicsburg, PA. They really sprayed on a good thickness of both base coat and clear plus did a pretty decent job of getting her straight. Definitely no complaints for a $2900 job!
What Maaco did is making this part of the process easier as we only have detail area's to fix up.

This time around she's going to look really smooth and straight.

On other news the engine builder called yesterday and the ZZ4 is ready to go.
will p/u on Monday

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Fast- LOL

Well I try!
Since everything else hinges on getting the paint/body work finished I am going to be pushing the shop along as hard as I can and remain just short of a PITA...:devil::devil:

I'd really like to have her back on the road by the end of June but that might be a bit optimistic.

Today sanded the inside trunk lid and removed the ruined window tint. At first I thought removing the tint would really take time. But I quickly found out if I loosened an edge carefully it came off with a very brisk pull in virtually a single sheet. Hope to get down a few hours the next 2 days to scub out the inside to rmove remaining soot and greasy smoke film.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes

dang Mike you are making me look bad, you will have built your twice in less time then it is taking me to do it once :D

Did you like the Manual I sent you?
For sure Philip!
Its going to be very handy when time comes to rewire the car!!
The body shop guy loved it because it had stuff other then Nova's in it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'd really like to have her back on the road by the end of June but that might be a bit optimistic.
Mike, glad to see the car is coming along! You sure are quick on getting your rides done!

End of June seems doable if you're done, lets shoot for the first Saturday in July to meet at the Soda Jerk! And maybe if ALLT4 is willing to make the journey.....Anywho hope to have my car there a few times this summer and hope to see yours soon!

-Adam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts