Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting ready for spring

got the top end of my engine torn down. and as i was pulling out the cam i noticed there was not enough room to slide it out all the way. in my 73 camaro there was room. do i need to pull off the filler panel and bumper to get the cam out? installing new brodix ik200 heads, comp cam roller cam and lifters,scorpion roller rockers, rpm air gap intake. updated to hei ignition, updated charging system as well. disc brake set up for some stopping power going in. lots to do under the car as well. por 15 for the under carriage.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well, seeing as you are replacing fixing everything else up there, just do it. You can give the parts you can't really see a nice coat of paint (even flat black) to prevent rust while you are there, and it will make your job alot easier with nothing in the way. Do more work now to do less later.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I removed the motor mount bolts and jacked up the engine so I could pull my cam out this weekend. Still had to pull the grill, but was easier then pulling and realigning the bumper

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the input. i just took the bumper off and filler pieces. the metal filler needs to be replaced so it worked out fine anyways. i think the short block needs to come for some attention.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts