Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Now that I have your attention)

What are you using for a tire jack when the original one has gone AWOL?

I'm interested in one that hooks into the bumper like the factory one did. It doesn't have to be original (although that would be nice).

Is there a generic one out there that will work?

I'd like something that can be stored under the tire and won't rattle or move around while driving.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
11,471 Posts
Since I didn't want to scratch my new bumpers, I bought one of those mini-floor jacks. Put it in a tool bag and it stores nicely. If you want to continue using a regular jack, check eBay or a junkyard or place a "wanted" ad here. Lots of old ones around.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Since I didn't want to scratch my new bumpers, I bought one of those mini-floor jacks. Put it in a tool bag and it stores nicely. If you want to continue using a regular jack, check eBay or a junkyard or place a "wanted" ad here. Lots of old ones around.
X2...mini floor jack with 2 piece handle, hopefully I'll never need it.

T,

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Mini floor jacks are great but if you raise the rear up by the rear end housing, sometimes you can't get the wheel off because of the tire getting stuck between the fender and brake drum. That is why the bumper jacks work so good, it allows the axle to drop down as the weight comes off the spring and allows for more space beytween the fender and brake drum. You can use the mini floor jack if you lift from the spring hanger at the front of the spring. Just something I ran into, fortunately I was in my driveway and not on the side of the road.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Keeping it up...

Thanks Danno & Tom.

I've thought about the mini floor jacks...especially the aluminum ones. Wskaiser hit the nail on the head and identified the challenge I'm facing:

Mini floor jacks are great but if you raise the rear up by the rear end housing, sometimes you can't get the wheel off because of the tire getting stuck between the fender and brake drum. That is why the bumper jacks work so good, it allows the axle to drop down as the weight comes off the spring and allows for more space beytween the fender and brake drum.
All the input is appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.