Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rack and pinion is in, holes in firewall closed up, engine back in place this morning--in 2 weeks it's getting completely rewired. Right after that it should be back on the road! It's been sitting about a year and a half now.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Is it going to be spending more time of the street? I am wondering why all the work to make it rack and pinion. It seems to me that it spends lots of time with the front wheels 6" in the air:D I so want to see that car in action at the strip.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the rack sitting there for a few years, I just finally decided to use it! It looks like I might need limiters to keep the adjustment sleeves from contacting the control arms--But that only happens at full droop WITH the wheels turned, something that shouldn't be happening at the same time!!

·
Super Moderator
9,803 Posts
Is that *black paint* I see on the firewall? Kinda looks out of place next to the red oxide. Yer not goin all "gold chain" on us now are ya? :D:D

Seriously...looking good! Hope to see some new wheels-up pics of it soon.

Weren't you warned off racing because of back problems? Hope that is all worked out...

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that *black paint* I see on the firewall? Kinda looks out of place next to the red oxide. Yer not goin all "gold chain" on us now are ya?
It's just Krylon out of a spray can...Here it is yesterday:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a little johny lightning of your car hanging up in my room.New never opened in the box.I think it's sweet I get to see the real thing.And talk to the guy that really built it.

Looking great.That car is pretty much what I had in mind when I first got my nova.A basic street car that's built right and doesn't look as fast as it is!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mike does this mean you wont be in your '' usual spot '' at irwindale anymore
When the car is running, I'm running...back and forth from the staging lanes to the starting line to shoot, then back to the car. I got passed up in the lanes a couple times! It's kind of a pain.

·
Registered
201 Posts
man I can't believe it!!! I thought it was a different car. With out the 4 miles of wiring... your going to be at least .50 faster in the 1/8

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a little johny lightning of your car hanging up in my room
I bought up all I could find; haven't seen any for a couple years--I still have a few. I've tossed a few into the stands after a run...hit a girl in the face one night--OOPS!!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
When the car is running, I'm running...back and forth from the staging lanes to the starting line to shoot, then back to the car. I got passed up in the lanes a couple times! It's kind of a pain.
Sweet!! I finally get to see that beast in action. Which motor is that? Is it the 410 or a test mule?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts