Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people have problems getting a drag radial to hook on the track. People that run drag radials please list what you did to correct that problem. Start with what power level your working with and along those lines suspenion types ect... Thanks....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you looked at the new DRs from MT, The compound & sidewalls are softer & from what i've heard they hook great.

I had issues with mt DRs at the track, even with 17-18 psi, with nitrous it was a joke & my HP levels weren't that high, you really need good shocks for front lift & planting, I ran hoosier DRs on my Camaro & they had a softer compound & hooked like crazy. If your running any kind of power its a toss of the coin whether they hook or not, thats the older MT DRs, especially on a marginal track.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I run the MT 235 radials. At first the car has a super stiff front coilover and had almost no weight transfer. It would hook and on a good day pull 1.50-1.55 60 foots. Recently the car has been spinning off the line either due to a bad track or the tires being 3 years old.

I decided to bit the bullet and but Chassisworks adjustable longer travel front coilover and lighter springs for the front. This gave the front end 2" more travel and the lighter springs helped to lift the front of the car. I set them to full loose. The car now will dead hook and lift the fronts about 4" off the ground and was 60 footing 1.46-1.47.

The rear suspension is stock leafs, lakewood slapper bars and single adjustable shocks set 5 clicks from full loose.

I leave off idle. Motor makes 575HP its a pump gas 406 FWIW

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep the replys coming. Just to note that the old micky drag radial people were running in the 7's with those and now even faster so to say the tire does not work has been defunked. The tire does work......... Lets here from the 1000 hp to 1700 hp guys running drag radials..... Gear ratio and a softer hit helps to make em work... Lets here it guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts