Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. My wiper motor switch is becoming unusable. I assume it is a single speed switch as it's got a single speed motor and the car is the absolute base model 100 series.

I can find 2 speed switches all day - but I'm having a hard time finding a single. Are they interchangeable? Does anyone out there have a NOS one?

Let me know!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well - found a source for a single speed switch, but I'm still interested in a NOS part over one of these new ones!

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Does the car have windshield washers? There were single speeds with washer, though rare.

Might have missed it, what year is the car? GM used a handful of different switches.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
GM part number is #1998729. Book says it fits
1962 - 64 Chevy II
1960 - 64 Corvair & Forward Control (95)
1959 - 63 Full Size
1960 - 64 Truck All
Also some B.O.P. cars.

I checked one of the switch manufacturers and it was not listed. I do not think this particular one is reproduced. There are some on eBay right now in the $50 - $60 range which is a fair price. New ones usually retail around that range.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I think I may have a gently used 1 speed switch. I'll have to check-if you're interested...

Reactions: wolfmantough

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well - after I realized that the single post switch is worth it's weight in gold, I decided to just take mine apart and see what was going on. The inside was full of corrosion build up, but most importantly; the backing plate was not securely held in place. So when you'd turn the switch - it would push the backing plate out.

Tossed it all in the tumbler and then stuck it back together, now it's brand new again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts