Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
This is where getting compared to wine and cheese is a good thing. Congrats, I hope to be racing this long too.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Very Cool! Nice car too BTW...:yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Good job!

One old parts man to anouther!!!!!!:yes::yes:

Al

How did pinks go?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good job!

One old parts man to anouther!!!!!!:yes::yes:

Al

How did pinks go?
Thanks - We old parts guys DO have to stick together. :)

We didn't have the turn out for our Arm Drop event that we had hoped.
We just don't have the population here in Montana so only 137 cars showed up, and the groups were spread quite a bit -- up to .5.
I ended up at the top of the 9 sec bracket (9.98). First round I had a big block Camaro that ran in the mid 9's.
Christensen pointed - I nailed it against the brake -arms went up - I let the brake go because I needed to stick it to this guy on the line - I got away with it. Had the guy until the very end - he got me by less than a foot.
So I was done the first round.
Loaded the car went to the beer garden for a couple. :)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Nice article Earl. So, at what age does one enter the "Old Geezer" class of racer? :D

Hmmm...I don't want to think that I can enter that class just yet...but I know I'm close. :no:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice article Earl. So, at what age does one enter the "Old Geezer" class of racer? :D

Hmmm...I don't want to think that I can enter that class just yet...but I know I'm close. :no:
In Billings to get in the "Old Geezer Club" you have to be 55 and LOOK it.
If you are 55 and look 45 our board of directors probably will reject your application. :no: :)
We have a great time and even have an official Old Geezer race every year.
I was fortunate to win the first one.
PRIZES:
1st - wheel chair
2nd - walker
3rd - walking cane

Everybody had a good time with this one -- especially the young whipper snappers with their "way over the hill" comments. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Whew! Thanks Earl...guess I'm a couple of years shy of potential membership. Plus, my youthful good looks would probably keep me out anyway. :D:D:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts