Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got done sat.putting in a gear venders overdrive.if any one is thinking of doing it i say go for it.you will love. i haven't checked my mpg yet but it is so nice being able to drive with the flow of traffic and not tacking the motor so high.my car was very driveable with 3:08 gears but now i can drive with traffic at 70-75 on the highway and only tach 2300-2400 rpm's the motor is just purring like a kitten.its also nice to know you can stay ahead of the guy in the honda because your not running out of gear now.it was a very easy install. if you do it on a 3rd gen just plan on cutting the floor brace. it looks nicer than beating it with with a hammer.only took about 7 hrs to install the whole thing.cost was $2800.total thats drivshaft and fluid also.should pay for itself after the power tour this year.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
thats a great investment. ive yet to meet someone that regrets having one.. and they can take the power and abuse you throw at it!!

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
i just got done sat.putting in a gear venders overdrive.if any one is thinking of doing it i say go for it.you will love. i haven't checked my mpg yet but it is so nice being able to drive with the flow of traffic and not tacking the motor so high.my car was very driveable with 3:08 gears but now i can drive with traffic at 70-75 on the highway and only tach 2300-2400 rpm's the motor is just purring like a kitten.its also nice to know you can stay ahead of the guy in the honda because your not running out of gear now.it was a very easy install. if you do it on a 3rd gen just plan on cutting the floor brace. it looks nicer than beating it with with a hammer.only took about 7 hrs to install the whole thing.cost was $2800.total thats drivshaft and fluid also.should pay for itself after the power tour this year.
What was your previuos setup? 3.08's should run about that rpm without an overdrive!:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts