Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..Ive done a bunch of searching....came up with a few ideas forgear selections...figured I'd let you guys know what I have and see what you thought...

I have a ZZ4 350....with a TH350 Trans...pretty high stall (unsure of exact stall speed) ...I am unsure of the rear end gear ratio...but at 55 mph I am doing roughly 2100-2200 rpm with a 255/45/18 (27.03 inch) tire...

I have a Auburn Gear Posi center section on the way with all new bearings, shims , etc....with a nice black and polished PML diff cover to top it off.....

thinking a set of 3.73's will wake the car up a bit, but I do drive it on the highway, not a lot but some......I used to have a 383 stroker 450 horse T Bucket with 31 inch tires with 3.73's that didnt like the highway very much....I know the tire sizes will/can make a big difference but just wondering what you guys might recommend for gearing my 71 Nova...ZZ4 350 with TH350, with 27.03 inch tire......thanks....

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
3.73's will wake it up alright but you wont be happy with them on the frwy at 3500 rpm's. Ask yourself what is the max rpm you want going down the frwy at what speed and then use an online calculator to determine gear ratio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts