Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all thought ide introduce my self a little bit.
im from far north west victoria in australia, have a missus and kid, 2 dogs and a cat.
Im a truck driver at the moment (concrete trucks and tippers) but always looking for something else, money talks,you know how it is lol

anyway, i recently bought my first nova the weekend before last, its a 72 yenko replica, its in pretty good condition, and came with literally hundreds of receipts from over the years, and a journal from the original owners with pointless, yet interesting info like when they bought stuff for it with dates and prices, from fuel pumps to fan belts to tyres and services, have alot of original paperwork like the warranty card and "protecto plate" im not sure what this is but apparantly its very rare to find a car with this.
running gear wise its nothing special, 350 crate motor (have dyno sheet, 205hp at the treads lol), th350 and 3.4 positrack, also has a wicked set of brakes up front. pulls it up super quick!
it was a california car its entire life, starting its life at "rally chevrolet" in lancaster CA, then the next owner took possesion in the 90's i believe (havent been through all paperwork yet) who was from hollywood somewhere, this owner is the one who spent some time and $$$s on it. this guy then sold it to the guy i bought it off of about 18 months ago, apparantly he only sold it because he wanted a house deposit. the guy i got it off went over there on holidays and wanted to get a cool car to cruise in and bring home, reckons he looked at about 200 cars, most had fibreglass floors etc, all sorts of dodgy crap, this one was by far the best although it needed a few things put back together, so he bought it and a toolbox and got to it haha
anyway enough of the dribble, heres some pics (excuse the dodgy iphone pics)

i have a few things i have to get sorted on it, and a few small upgrades i want to do to make it my own as time goes by, but for now im just going to enjoy it!

P.S. if anybody could maybe help me track down the original owners that would be great, would love to let them know where it is now and maybe try to get some pics of what it looked like in its hey day

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Welcome, glad you desided to join in with us. Nice looking nova. It looks like it's ready for anything you want to do with it. Hope you have lots of fun with it.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! That's a nice lookng Nova. It sure doesn't look like it needs too much.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Hi and Welcome , or should i say goodday the pics look great your car looks very good. my son is into bikes 2 wheel pedal power and has been doing a lot of deals for down under, well bob's your uncle have a gooday . skinnydude

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the site man! I love your car! I have a friend that lives or he might not anymore have not spoke to him but down under in Australia, Id love to go there one day! Any who welcome aboard man.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Beautiful ride and welcome to the site. They age gracefully in California(that's where mine came from also).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks fellas,
yeah it is pretty good, the roof needs seeing to as theres a bit of crows feet through it, and just needs a few things doing to it, new control arm bushes etc.
also need to fit the new hood lining.
as far as other things, i think its screaming for a set of convos, also getting a 4in cowl hood, change the yenko stripes, im thinking silver ones.
will change the dash as well, all new gauges etc.
power wise it leaves a bit to be desired, i want something that has balls, sounds tuff but want it reliable as well so am thinking a 502HO crate motor, best of both worlds that way.

no doubt there will be other things as well but thats all in the future!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS GDAY , :waving:

:cool pics: GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts