Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of some one in Canada that can repair gauges? I have a clock from my 67 Acadian that does not work and I would like to get it fixxed. Thanks

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
they're not in the Great White North... but there's a couple of links for guage restoration in the Link-Library...

hope ya find sumpin' local to ya.......

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I know Frank (novacars) has just sent off a few for repair... in the US, I think?? But, from what I understand, you can buy simply a quartz kit and do it yourself?? Anyone heard of these kits?? I'll look around, got nuttin' else to da at the moment!!

Bogie...... havin' a brew & goin' ito the search mode..:beer: :beer:

hic..hic.. didn't take long to find this??
clocks - Chevrolet Eagle River, WI
Parts: CLOCKS REPAIRed, mechanicals from $39.95; quartz from $59.95; 24-hour turnaround on most CLOCKs, 21,000+ serviced. The CLOCKworks, 1745 Meta Lake Rd, Eagle River, WI 54521, PH: 800-398-3040; www.CLOCKwks.com **17-YR**
from Hemmings!!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I just got my clock back from clockworks, took about 2 1/2 wks from the day I sent it and cost about $120 Cdn after the smoke cleared. Clock works great.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I guess I spoke too soon!! My new clock packed it in already. I called clock works and they figure it is the coil in it which they do not guarantee, too many other electrical issues could cause this problem they say. Said I could have put a Quartz system in it for the same price and it would not have had this problem.Why didnt they tell me this in the first place?? Oh well. Here goes another $120.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, I recieved my clock back from clock works not that long ago and it doesn't keep accurate time. The clock runs to fast but I don't want to pull it out and send it back to them. The shipping costs will be another $60 or so, I haven't called them to see if it would be warrantied or not but I'm sure they won't pay the shipping anyways. It cost me roughly $120 the first time too.

N

·
0 Posts
I sent 3 to the clockworks to have them converted to quartz movements and cost 160 each , freihgt , exchange, taxes all in .They did a nice job and keep perfect time. I have had origionals repaired before , but they would never keep proper time , Frank

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Cansoman said:
I guess I spoke too soon!! My new clock packed it in already. I called clock works and they figure it is the coil in it which they do not guarantee, too many other electrical issues could cause this problem they say. Said I could have put a Quartz system in it for the same price and it would not have had this problem.Why didnt they tell me this in the first place?? Oh well. Here goes another $120.
i sent them my clock, they were very helpful on informing me of what my options were; quartz, clean/repair or replace the works. i went for the replace and it works very good. no issues and they were very quick about it. best of luck!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Got my new Quartz clock back and put it in about 2 weeks ago. Just checked it and the time is dead on. That only cost about $300 :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts