Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for all the gassers out there. I'm in the finishing stages of my Gasser build -up and was wondering what everyone is running for toe -in . I have the typical straight axle, leaf springs ,early ford spindles. The steering is set-up rear lower cross link with the vega box controling the front.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
This is a question for all the gassers out there. I'm in the finishing stages of my Gasser build -up and was wondering what everyone is running for toe -in . I have the typical straight axle, leaf springs ,early ford spindles. The steering is set-up rear lower cross link with the vega box controling the front.
Paging NOGO!!!!!!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
62 Gasser

Here is a few pics I took this weekend.I finished the front end, steering, and front brakes. Got the carpet in,finished the interior panels. This week itll be wiring,plumbing, and carb build-ups

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
1/8" toe in should be fine. I usually recommend a little less toe (about 1/16" toe in) with a steel belted radial.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had problems with steering shake over 55-60mph. I changed to 1/8 out in front and it seems like it took the shimmy away. Dont know if its rite or wrong ,but it works for me....................John

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Screen name

I got my name years ago racing. I collect California raisins and all my cars have been some shade of purple so far. Here's a pic of the new car deck lid and quarter panel

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts