Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Yea, I'm used to seeing prices like that. Start looking for Pontiac carbs from RA-IV or SD cars. You're looking at $2000-$4000 Quadrajets. Plus $3000 for a set of factory cylinder heads, and lord knows how much for a factory aluminum 2 peice intake. The sad part is, that to the right person, that price on that Holley will look really good and it will sell.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Yea, I'm used to seeing prices like that. Start looking for Pontiac carbs from RA-IV or SD cars. You're looking at $2000-$4000 Quadrajets. Plus $3000 for a set of factory cylinder heads, and lord knows how much for a factory aluminum 2 peice intake. The sad part is, that to the right person, that price on that Holley will look really good and it will sell.

I paid over $1,000 EACH:eek: for the "correct" 2x4 carbs for my Corvette over 10 years ago.

It didn't change the performance one bit. But it gave me bragging rights..
More money than brains back then, I guess...:eek:

·
13,977 Posts
I've seen 3245 carbs sell for way more than this, albeit they were in better condition. The 3245 carb was exclusive to the 1966 L79 Chevy II, so there aren't a whole bunch around. If I needed one and this fell into the range of production dates for my car, I'd certainly consider it.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts