Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they sell gasket kits anywhere? since im gonna change my cam i was thinking i have to change all the gaskets like head,intake,carb,water pump and others..anyone know of a kit that will have everything i need when changing the cam?

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dose it matter on brand? i was looking on summit and theres a few fel pro seems to have a very nice kit with much more then i need for 42 and then the summit seems to have less then the fel pro one and cost less about 30 bucks they both look like they have what i need

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
It's up to you. $12 more for felpro gaskets doesn't sound to bad to me. They make a good gasket. I don't know who makes the summit ones.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
hey oscar i believe they make a " cam change " gasket kit that would include all the gaskets nessacery to change the cam only you can prolly get all the gaskets at autozone too

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i was looking at this one right here. seems to have everything i need plus more :yes:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEL-KS2600/

Thats the kit I used. If you end up with some extra pieces you may be able to use them down the road or have them available should a friend need something. I always liked the fel pro blue gaskets.

edit: not sure if I got that exact same part number but overall components seem similar. Just make sure and double check the kit includes the proper head gaskets for your application.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts