Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I dont know which way to lean. I shaved my gas door out of my 66 and I am curious what I can do. I may want to try to run a nice stainless tank and turn the filler neck into the trunk area it this possible. Or maybe run a fuel cell in which I cut a hole out of the trunk floor and then use it that way. Just wanted to see what some of you other people are running.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Ok... Pluses and minuses..

Stock type tank pluses.. Room in the trunk, sano look, keeping it stock looking with a modern tank. Down side... Capacity, thats all I can think of.

Cell?.. Pluses.. Larger capacity, trick look, modern tank features like fuel slosh with damping materials. Down side... Takes up the trunk room, filling the thing and maybe cost.

Here is my setup. A 20 gallon cell, GM type sender, works great with my gauges. I totally enclosed it in steel for road hazards. I used a honda filler neck and outer door so I wont be opening the trunk to fill it up. Thats a stainless tube going from the filler to the tank. I made the stainless tank flange too. I like it. If I didnt do this I would have had a stainless tank made by a local company. But no regrets here. JR

Some pics, its not done yet but to give you an idea.

The honda filler door on the side there..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your tank looks outstanding!! One minor observation...your left rear tire appears to be heading in the wrong direction (i.e. wrong side of car)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Your tank looks outstanding!! One minor observation...your left rear tire appears to be heading in the wrong direction (i.e. wrong side of car)

Hahaha. Good eye. Yup, I just slapped them up there real quick for a pic. They have been off for some time now while building up the rear suspension. Im hoping to get the correct direction on when I FINALLY get to drive her. Thanks for the heads up though. JR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts