Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
What is the normal thing to do when painting the under side of a car? I am not creating a numbers car or show car, but a driver that looks nice and clean. I have wire brushed everything (nice mess) and am ready to spray on undercoating paint on the pan, wells etc. And paint the differential and steering etc with black Hammerite. What do I do with the new gas tank? Clearcoat it or paint it with undercoating or Hammerite. How about the driveline? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
eastwoods restoration supplies has a gas tank toner paint that resembles factory Eastwoods have top shelf restoration supplies IMO

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Eastwood

Yes when in doubt go to Eastwood. Good products:D

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I will soon be installing my new tank. I intend to paint it flat black to blend in with the underside of the car. Was going to prime it and spray can it with a product from eastwood or just some rustoleum. I have seen many cars with the silver / zinc colored tank and personally I don't care for the appearance.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Hi All,
What is the normal thing to do when painting the under side of a car? I am not creating a numbers car or show car, but a driver that looks nice and clean. I have wire brushed everything (nice mess) and am ready to spray on undercoating paint on the pan, wells etc. And paint the differential and steering etc with black Hammerite. What do I do with the new gas tank? Clearcoat it or paint it with undercoating or Hammerite. How about the driveline? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I used POR 15 metal mask.Its grey in color and looks almost factory (cast). Used in on the tank,leaf springs, driveshaft. Painted the whole belly of the car in glossy POR15. With the engine in Chevy orange, it contrasts very well.Looks like a die-cast model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts