Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea how to ask this but I notice that most guys who smooth their firewall usually remove the gas pedal hole.

So far I started cutting my firewall and Im about to start welding the seams and Im pretty prepped. I just got back with some 16 gauge steel and Im getting ready to make my blanks so Im feeling pretty good about everything but Im not sure on what to think about the pedals. Im guessing if you do this then you end up with different pedals. Im just trying to get some advice on where to go with this.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The reason I filled the pedal holes in on mine is I'm switching to an electronic pedal assembly so I don't need to mount it to the firewall. Some of the other ones that I've seen the holes missing have also switched over to the electronic pedal. If you're still using the stock pedal set up, keep the holes and you won't have any issues. If you look at my build thread, you'll see how I cut out the areas around the pedal holes and only recently filled those in. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I filled the pedal holes in on mine is I'm switching to an electronic pedal assembly so I don't need to mount it to the firewall. Some of the other ones that I've seen the holes missing have also switched over to the electronic pedal. If you're still using the stock pedal set up, keep the holes and you won't have any issues. If you look at my build thread, you'll see how I cut out the areas around the pedal holes and only recently filled those in. Hope this helps.
That helps alot thanks. I think I will keep my stock pedals then since thats something I will really need and dont have the budget for different pedals. I dont mind deleting the heat, wipers, and other non essential stuff that prevents me from driving. I see they make aftermarket kits for the wipers to put the motor under the dash but Ive seen some pretty neat DIY jobs where they stole the motor from a donor car that orginally had it under the dash. I just finished removing most of the seal from the firewall but there is still a film of seal thats being a pain to remove. I may try wiping it down with laquer thinner to see if I can get it all off. Look like its going to take a while to weld the whole seam but its ok I got time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts