Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt my road demon vac secondary carb ( cleaned everything out, new gaskets and seals, needle and seat etc.) and am losing the fuel that is in the bowls. the fuel drains very slowly, i cant see a drip but if I shut it off and come back the next day, the fuels bowls are empty. It looks like it is dripping onto the intake right below the bowls and base plate. Is is possible I got bad bowl/metering plate gaskets? Both the primary and secondary sides empty out. I have tried tightening the bolts that go hold the bowls on and it still leaks!
Help!
Paul

·
Registered
857 Posts
Is it leaking down the intake or returning back to the gas tank???Also i guess it is possible for the bowls to be warped, Did you try to double up the bowl gaskets??.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
It's possible that one of the lower bolt gaskets that holds on the bowls is tore. Something to look at anyway.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Is it both bowls?Maybe the body is warpped Hotrod TV was talking about that last week with Holley & they have billet replacements,could be small piece of grit not letting bowl seat tightly.I was surprised the carb bodies could warp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts