Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been asked before but can't find the answer. I have a 1964 Nova Coupe, 400 Series not the Super Sport. Did this car come from the factory with the Gas Cap painted the Body Color OR was it Chrome?
Thanks for all replies,
Rick

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
My 64 400 series has original paint, and the gas cap is body color.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the info I need. The car is getting painted tomorrow so no time to get a "paintable" cap. I overlooked this part with everything else going on with the car. I think I like the Chrome better anyway, wont scratch taking it on and off.

·
Premium Member
3,721 Posts
If you decide at the last minute that you want a body-color cap, you can sandblast the chrome cap, primer it and paint it. Because of a mix-up in my order for a paintable cap, I was shipped a chrome one and, like you, I was ready to send the car to paint. We did the sandblast thing and it's been painted and on the car for quite a few years!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
i had one of those after market chrome gas caps with the black plastic handles, an didn't like it. so i bought one of those locking chrome caps with the bow tie emblem on the face. it works good an looks good. the lock has given no trouble. i bought it from classic ind. this is info just in case you don't go with the painted cap. also hope your new paint jobs looks great, maybe a picture ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts