Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good friend here in San Francisco who is the original owner of a '68 L79 Nova that has been in his garage for many years and is in very good shape (qualifier, I have not seen the car). He is just now looking to dispose of a few of his family "treasures" and is interested in its value. Stats as I know them are as follows:
1968 Nova
Grecian Green
Two Door
L79 engine
Three speed
12 bolt rear end
50,000 original miles

For clarity, I would add that the 3 speed is a manual. As I understand it, the 4 speed option was too expensive and he only had enough cash for the L79 (remember when people bought cars for cash?). So, he opted for a three speed, which he tells me was normally sourced by Chevy as a truck transmission…? Anyway, like I said, he is interested in selling it and has no idea of its general value (nor do I).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Survivor 1 owner California 68 Chevy II Nova L79,Wow! Does he have the original California Black Plates?? I own a original California Black Plate 68 Chevy II Nova SS 396 4 speed and is all original body panels.California cars seem to be real solid.Whats it worth,collectors love untouched Original Survivor cars.If your thinking of buying make the deal quick,that car won't last if he advertises it right!! :yes:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Ratwagon
I think in CA you have to junk cars that are that old, which I would be glad to dispose of it for you.:D Please pm me and let me add it to the registry before it gets away! Sounds like a cool car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know the feeling about making tough calls when buying a new L-79. I had to go with the close ratio 4spd and delete the radio back then every $ counted. Jeff your 68L-79novaregestry.com site has been down a few days everything ok??

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Ratwagon
I think in CA you have to junk cars that are that old, which I would be glad to dispose of it for you.:D Please pm me and let me add it to the registry before it gets away! Sounds like a cool car.
Send it up here at least I can enjoy it instead of junking it!:devil::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I dont know whats wrong with my site, thanks for letting me know. Trying to find out whats going on.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
68 L-79 nova registry is back up, Ratwagon stop teasing us, show us some pictures!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts