Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which Gabriel air shocks will work on a 65? Their catalog doesn't list a part number for the 1st gens. Monroe makes one that is exact fit but can't find anything for Gabriel. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
448 Posts
49178 will work . I have a 63 Chevy II and they fit perfectly . The only thing you might have to do is rotate you're tail pipes because of how much thicker the air shocks are

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. I will look into it. I will get.under there and see how much clearance I have. I have dual flowmasters all welded so I won't be able to rotate anything. Do u know how wide the air shocks are off hand? I will get under there and measure today. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've had the Munroes in my 65 for about 5 years with no problems and I have run them as high as 90 psi.Upper chamber is about 3" diameter but if you want I can get you a measurement later today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that would be great. I just got under there to measure and I have about an inch if clearance from the existing shocks to my exhaust pipe. I know the air shocks are wider. It's hard to tell if I will have room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I installed the Gabriel 49178 last night. They went in perfectly without any issues. Thanks for all the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts