Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
They are good but personally I would look more into Liberty or Jerico. For the planetary style Lenco or Jeffco. Lenco now makes a "street" version I've seen advertised lately.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
anyone running one? thinking about getting a 5 speed setup from them
Are you talking about the clutchless GF-2000 or GF-5R transmission? Those are really nice and durable (G Force makes really nice stuff in general). A lot of the Pro Stock guys run the 2000. I ran a Liberty clutchless 5-speed and it handled everything we threw at it (Pro Stock horsepower in a 3300 pound car in Outlaw 10.5).

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking about the clutchless GF-2000 or GF-5R transmission? Those are really nice and durable (G Force makes really nice stuff in general). A lot of the Pro Stock guys run the 2000. I ran a Liberty clutchless 5-speed and it handled everything we threw at it (Pro Stock horsepower in a 3300 pound car in Outlaw 10.5).
gf-5r vince,with all the other upgrades being done,plus the countless muncies blown up in this car of mine.the tranny is going to be the weak link,plus the car will have a blown big inch alum. sbc.that is in the works.
don

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
gf-5r vince,with all the other upgrades being done,plus the countless muncies blown up in this car of mine.the tranny is going to be the weak link,plus the car will have a blown big inch alum. sbc.that is in the works.
don
That sounds like a good choice...I believe my last correspondence with G Force, they mentioned that the GF 5R will handle 1200 hp easily. What is your HP goal for the blown SBC? And, how much to expect your car to weigh?

·
Registered
122 Posts
1200 hp is what I was told for the 5r.

Don, will yours be race only, or street strip?

I started with the clutch-assist, and I'm now using the clutchless shifted 5r.
With both I've always used the Long V-gate shifter.

The clutchless version is kind of tricky to drive on the street.
The vid in my sig is with the clutchless.

Here is a vid when I still had the clutch-assist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUUGXBybYZw

Don, the key to any stick combo is the clutch, do you have that figured out yet?

---Bill.

My Clutchless 5r

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1200 hp is what I was told for the 5r.

Don, will yours be race only, or street strip?

I started with the clutch-assist, and I'm now using the clutchless shifted 5r.
With both I've always used the Long V-gate shifter.

The clutchless version is kind of tricky to drive on the street.
The vid in my sig is with the clutchless.

Here is a vid when I still had the clutch-assist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUUGXBybYZw

Don, the key to any stick combo is the clutch, do you have that figured out yet?

---Bill.

My Clutchless 5r

street/strip,but more strip time.i have had good luck with mcleod clutches.after buying all the muncies i could of had a trans that doesnt give up on 7200 rpm starts.m20/m21/m22 blew them all up,now the car will have a dana60 with summers bros. axles 456 gears det.locker and way bigger back tires.the muncies dont have a chance.the only muncie that stayed together the longest was a m21 that national speed center in san jose put together years ago with special syncros and some other mods that were the norm for the time,still have that m21
in the garage.
don
don

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm still running the pro-shifted Nash 5 spd behind a big block, but I've never made the power you're looking at.
The GF5R is a great piece from everything I've read and been told. They also own Long Shifters and I've always gotten great service on the shifters I use.

Some of the answers to your questions may be here :
http://www.umtrdragrace.com/

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Shift it like you stole it !!!!
ND

1 - 11 of 11 Posts