·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Has anyone seen one of these?

http://www.muscleupperformance.com/cgi-script/content/articles/000000/000069.htm

$3500 seems pretty reasonable. Here's an ebay auction where they will finish out your pro touring 2nd gen with one of their frames:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-Chevy-II-Nova-Custom-Touring_W0QQitemZ280335775126
The frame in the first link is Jeff Schwartz's frame. He makes some really nice frames. The only thing I don't like about that frame is that you'll have a hell of a time keeping the exhaust above the rocker line.

Interesting how Pro-Touring has put it's focus on gen 2's as the hot build!:rolleyes:

I guess '69 camaros are played out!:p

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
3500 for what exactly

3500 is for the frame only right? You still have to buy all the suspension to go on it, or can that really only be 3500?

·
Registered
21 Posts
makes sense

The thing that threw me off is looking at the website and the three pics on it- none of them say that there is stuff in the pic that is not included in the price. I couldn't believe that would be 3500.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
The thing that threw me off is looking at the website and the three pics on it- none of them say that there is stuff in the pic that is not included in the price. I couldn't believe that would be 3500.
Oh no, thats only the frame Im sure, nothing else. No moving parts :) But it doesnt seem too bad for a full frame. I cant see where any dimensions are stated. Like is it a 3" frame or 4". Whats the wall thickness of the frame.

And I dont know but man, the frame is unsupported at the front to the top of the firewall, you NEED that link. Just a 2x4" frame off the front without any upper connections isnt gonna do it. So its a bottom frame, still alot missing. IMO really humble opinion, you would be better off with a solid front clip being offered by so many dealers and a solid rear clip and tying them together with some stout 2x4" frame connectors.

For a 1st gen Nova it doesnt make sense to provide a full frame cause they never had a frame to begin with. Unibodies will still need to have the frame grafted into the rockers and floor to make it solid. You will do the same thing with a solid front and rear clip with 2x4" connectors and some side bracing.

Full frame setups are good for cars that are separate from the body, that had frames to begin with. Lift and replace.

Not the case with novas. Once you weld in frame connectors to a good front clip and rear clip you are gonna be solid. The key with the novas is the frame rails connecting the front to the back (even with this full frame) is you need to weld it into the rocker and floor area. So a full frame doesnt save anything for a nova. JR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts