Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everybody?

I have a '73 Nova with a 350 small block, and a pretty new 600 CFM Edelbrock 1406 carb. I was pulling out of work the other day when my car cut out, I tried to start it but no luck so I towed it home. About a month before this I had noticed that the carb wasn't getting a lot of fuel (I have a clear fuel filter so I can see the fuel flow). At this time I replaced the stock fuel pump because I though that was the reason for poor fuel flow. The car still wouldn't start so I replaced the rear fuel filter located near the gas tank, still no fuel flow. The distributor is pretty new too so I don't think it's a vacuum advance problem. My next step is going through and replacing the fuel lines in case they are clogged. Is there anything I'm over looking or anything else I should do to trouble shoot the problem? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Have you tried starting fluid, seeing if it will fire one or two cylinders? Have you tried blowing out the fuel lines with compressed air? Inspected lines for kinks or smashed/crushed sections? Have you had someone crank the car while you watch to see if fuel passes thru your clear filter or manually work the throttle linkage to see if fuel squirts down into the engine? Check & verify that the choke opens?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried starter fluid, no luck. I've gotta get under the car to look at the fuel lines a little more. The choke was working the same day the car went out. There's no fuel getting into the carb when I try to crank it so I'm pretty sure it's a clogged line or something in the tank interrupting the fuel flow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.