Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to replace my fuel tank/lines and sender. Should I go with the early 1970 non eec tank or stay original? The lines are 5/16 so they must go and the line to the charcoal canister is MIA. Who makes a good tank? I see that Classic Industries is reasonable. Are stainless lines worth it? Does a vented cap spew fuel when you launch the car? Its not a show car by any means just 72 with a crate zz4 350. any comments welcome.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Check Tamraz on ebay... Mom:)o) bought me a new gas tank for $210 shipped and it was really well built. It is exactly the same dimensions as my original.:)

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I just did this last week, I pulled the tank expecting to replace it, But after looking at it and pulling the sending unit out, the tank was very clean.
So i just replaced the sending unit and hard lines with 3/8 line. It was very east to do with pre bent lines. I just capped off all eec lines and replaced the gas cap with a vented unit. It does not splash fuel out on take off, the filler tube runs to the other side to prevent this.
I didnt go with the stainless, trying to save some $$$
I hope this helps.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts