Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together a 66 with the leaf springs moved inboard so I can't use a stock tank.
It is getting an L33 with the factory EFI.
I was planning on using a fuel cell and external pump, but most of the stuff that I read here and elsewhere suggests that this isn't the best idea.
In one of Burke's threads, I found reference to Tanks Inc.
I know it's kind of ugly, but have been considering using this tank and their pump.
http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=173/category_id=148/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd173.htm

The other option would be the cell with the Tanks Inc pump kit with the tray mounted through the top like their instructions show for a stock tank.
Disadvantage to this is no baffles in tank.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to measure, but I think the outer edge of the front of the spring is about 1-1.5 inches inboard of the frame rail.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Make your own ... Run a search on " custom 19 gal fuel tank" - its my build thread for what I did.

As you are going smaller in size ( I'm assuming)

You can cut a channel from front to back however wide you need to make it, while open - weld in some baffles , then weld the two halves back together.. I'd post s link to the thread but I do not know how to do that from my phone ..

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,903 Posts

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts