Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So am buying a Mallory 4140 fuel pump with a regulator for the 468 I am dropping in my 69 Nova SS. It has Holly Red in it now and is mounted above the tank, looks like to the trunk actually. Where is the best place to mount the new pump being I think the Pump should be lower than the tank? In front of rear wheel on frame rail? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Correct! :yes:

An electric fuel pump should always be gravity fed. Therefore the pump's inlet needs to be below the tank's outlet for the pump to work properly.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
EZ EFI fuel pump location.

This is a short term temporary solution to the fuel injection set-up in my car. The long term fix is to install a F/I sumped gas tank.

The pump is located on the plate and is insulated with rubber lined clamps. The plate is mounted to the bottom of the trunk area mounted around the spare tire holder so when the spare tire is in place, you don't see the mounting bolts. I used some spare Dronemaster exhaust insulators for the insulation of the bracket so I don't get a constant buzzing or metal to metal contact when the pump is running. Without the tank being sumped, I can't let the tank get below 1/4 of a tank.

But, you have to remember this, "Check your state laws" pertaining to having a rear mounted fuel pump. For the track, this is acceptable but, for the street, it's a big no.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have mine mounted like the above but i have a sumped tank, and the braided line runs downhill to the pump.

I use the stock pick up and lines for my return system. I have a Aeromotive A1000 system on the car with bypass *return* regulator.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys ! I will def need to check with the law... although not many more options than building a bracket :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts