Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to wire up my fuel pumps. I have two Holley Blues. One for the engine and one for the nitrous that will be switched to use only when needed. My question is should I use a fuel pump relay? Ive never used one before but see them for sale in parts catalogs. Anyone know any pros or cons on using these and would I use one for each pump or one relay for both pumps? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
This is a difficult question to answer. It depends on the rest of your electrical system and how much power the pumps draw. I don't use one on mine, but mine is wired to an auxillary fuse panel that is switched on by ignition power.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a painless 18 curcuit wiring kit for the car (not installed) and it has a fuel pump fused curcuit. The pumps draw 4amps at full load. I will have a stereo and maybe electric windows but the wiring kit supplies fuses for these as well.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I have a painless 18 curcuit wiring kit for the car (not installed) and it has a fuel pump fused curcuit. The pumps draw 4amps at full load. I will have a stereo and maybe electric windows but the wiring kit supplies fuses for these as well.
IMO a relay isn't needed for your setup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts